Ocean Beach Comedy
Ocean Beach Comedy
1921 Bacon St
San Diego, CA 92107
Ocean Beach Comedy Information+ -
Top 5 Things to Know About Ocean Beach Comedy:
- Location: The San Diego comedy club takes place every Friday evening at Winstons in Ocean Beach. Located just around the corner from the main strip Newport Avenue in the quirky little beach town, this comedy club promises to have you laughing like a drain.
- Comedians: Funny guy Jesse Egan is a frequent host of Ocean Beach Comedy as he introduces hysterical comedians as Bob Hansen and Dan Venti. Other insanely humorous comedians that take the stage at Winstons include Kyle Ray and Allison Gill, who was voted San Diego's funniest women and later San Diego's funniest comic.
- Venue: The music venue turned comedy club on Friday nights at Winstons features a large stage and a full bar. The comedy club offers plenty of standing room, but also high top tables and chairs if you want to kick back with a beer and let the laughter ensue. There are also bar stools around the bar if you'd prefer a seat in the back, safe from getting picked on by the comedians!
- Cover Charge: San Diego's Ocean Beach Comedy charges a hilariously low cover charge. For $5, guests enter a world of laughter where the jokes may even catch you off guard. Grab a drink from the bar and prepare to laugh yourself silly for a measly $5.
- Booking: If you've got perfect comedic timing and can produce gut splitting laughter from even the toughest audiences, then you should challenge yourself to brave the crowds during Winston's Comedy Open Mic nights every Monday and Friday between 6pm and 7:30pm. Prove yourself at Open Mic night, and you might just land yourself a spot during San Diego Ocean Beach Comedy.
San Diego Ocean Beach Comedy, also known as OBC, produces hoots and laughter at 7:30pm on Friday evenings. You'll be holding your sides with laughter and wiping away the tears from your eyes when you a catch a San Diego Ocean Beach Comedy show at Winstons. The venue that fills with hyena laughs and hysterical chuckles features a full bar where you can loosen up after a long work day and prepare for your daily dose of humor. Brave audience members willing to get called out by side-splitting comedians can stand up front on the dance floor area or they can take to the high top tables, while guests who prefer to remain unscathed by the witty humor can blend in the back around the bar area.
San Diego's Ocean Beach Comedy is located within walking distance of the sea and sand at Ocean Beach. Before catching a gut-busting comedy show at Winstons, stroll just a few minutes down the funky main drag to the beach to get the best seats in the house to watch the sunset over the Pacific Ocean. Take the time to window shop at the charming boutiques like Lola Luna and Dream Girls or treat yourself to a mouthwatering juicy Hodad's burger before the comedians take the stage. After exploring the beach town with a hippie vibe, follow the sound of laughter back to Winstons for the Ocean Beach Comedy show.
- Do Check Out Open Mic Comedy Night: If you laugh so hard you cry at San Diego Ocean Beach Comedy, then you're guaranteed to laugh out loud at the Open Mic Comedy nights at Winstons, which start at 6pm every Monday and Friday.
- Don't Be Intimated: The OBC crowd tends to be a little wilder and a little rowdier than other more timid audiences, and the comedians are often unconventional and perhaps even more wild than the audience members themselves. When you visit San Diego Ocean Beach Comedy prepare for a loud, proud and incredibly fun show.
- Cover Charge: $5
- Attire: Casual
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Age Restriction: 21+