Winstons Ocean Beach
Winstons Ocean Beach
San Diego, CA 92107
Winstons Ocean Beach Information+ -
Top 5 Things to Know About Winstons:
- Location: San Diego Winstons is located on Bacon Street, just off the main drag Newport Avenue in Ocean Beach. Just a few blocks from the beach, Winstons is also surrounded by several other bars and restaurants that you can hop over to while you're waiting for a performance to start at Winstons music venue.
- Think and Drink: So your dancing skills may go down the drain after a few drinks, even though you'll never admit it, but how about your trivia skills? Every Tuesday at 6pm San Diego's Winstons hosts Think and Drink trivia night where you can play solo or round up a team of contestants to test your geography, pop culture and history facts.
- Winston's Bartending Academy: If you're looking for a career in bartending or are just interested in learning how to whip up a mean Old Fashioned, Winstons offers bartending lessons for all skill levels. The academy provides four weekend classes, which include instruction and even the opportunity to work behind the bar serving customers. Graduates will also receive a letter of completion to add to their resumes.
- Music Venue: Winstons in San Diego hosts live music from local talent to touring bands every night of the week. The concert venue welcomes music from any and all genres including jazz, folk, blues, reggae and hip hop.
- Cover Charges: Fees at the door are sometimes required and vary depending on the show.
San Diego's Winstons is a bar and music venue known for hosting an eclectic variety of musical talent. From bluegrass to world beat, this concert venue has welcomed local bands like Todo Mundo and famous acts such as Slightly Stoopid and Los Lonely Boys. Every Monday, San Diego Winstons invites Dead Head cover band Electric Waste Band to play Grateful Dead hits, while up-and-coming artists play at the Local Acoustic Jam every Thursday. If you're looking to show off your own talents and are able to sell pre-sell tickets, San Diego Winstons encourages you to contact them with your EPKs and band websites.
So if you're not exactly in a band, or perhaps are not that musically talented after all, but still want to belt it out in front of an audience, join San Diego Winstons for OB-OKe karaoke night hosted every Sunday. In addition to nightly live music, Winstons in San Diego also invites you to check out the various happy hour events scheduled each night. Each Monday a stand-up comedy contest takes place, while Fridays welcomes the Best of Ocean Beach Comedy. Tuesdays are dedicated to testing your brain power at Think and Drink, and on Wednesdays you can check out the local art showcase and listen to the local acoustic jams on Thursdays.
- Do Visit Winstons for a Good Laugh: Winstons is the ideal place to listen to live music but it's also a great location to unwind after a stressful day and receive your daily dose of laughter. Every Monday and Friday stand-up comedians take to the stage to induce quality belly-aching laughter.
- Don't Forget Get Cash: There is usually a small door fee so be prepared to drop a couple bucks to get in.
- Cover Charge: Varies
- Attire: Casual
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Age Restriction: 21+