San Diego, CA 92102
Alchemy Restaurant Information+ -
Quick Facts About Alchemy Restaurant:
- Alchemy Restaurant is located in the South Park neighborhood of San Diego.
- San Diego's Alchemy Restaurant is open for Saturday and Sunday brunch.
- Alchemy Restaurant Cultural Fare and Cocktails serves daily dinner.
Ambiance: Artist and sculptor Todd Williams built and designed the interior of San Diego's Alchemy Restaurant. He crafted the unique stainless steel tree, which stands in the middle of the restaurant and provides a great conversation starter. The San Diego restaurant presents a hip and unconventional atmosphere from the books pasted on the ceiling to the curved bar area. Additionally Alchemy Restaurant in San Diego holds flair and flavor, as every six weeks it features a rotating art show, where local artists can showcase their artwork.
Why We Dine: Alchemy Restaurant in San Diego provides a vegetarian tasting menu every Tuesday that serves up a three-course meatless farmer's market dinner. We can feast in peace knowing that the food on our plates was grown locally and sustainably. We also like to dine at San Diego Alchemy Restaurant because of the exciting daily specials it offers such as 1/2 Price Bottle Night every Tuesday in which you can receive a 50% discount on your bottle of wine starting at 4pm, while Silent Sundays provide a prohibition era cocktail menu with a film showcase. In addition to the daily specials, the San Diego restaurant features daily double happy hours with craft beers and cocktails specials.
- Vegetarian Tasting: With a motto like, "The produce was in the ground or on the vine yesterday," you know you're getting the freshest food possible. Every Wednesday evening from 5pm until close, San Diego Alchemy Restaurant offers a vegetarian tasting menu, which includes a $25 three-course menu that serves produce straight from the local farmer's market. Additionally, on the last Wednesday of every month, the vegetarian event becomes vegan!
- Specials: San Diego Alchemy Restaurant invites you to partake in the various weekly fun events. Thursdays are B.Y.O.V, Bring Your Own Vinyl, nights from 9pm until close, while Saturdays and Sundays feature Bicycle Brunches in which cyclists receive 15% discounts. On Mondays, oysters are only $1 and drafts are just $3 from 4pm until closing.
- Bar and Lounge: San Diego Alchemy Restaurant has a chic bar area where happy hour is celebrated twice a day on certain days, once from 4 to 6pm Monday through Friday and 10pm until close every evening. The 4-6pm happy hour offers specially priced street food while both happy hours present $3 local craft beers, $2 well drinks and $2 off wines. The bar and lounge stirs up craft cocktails and even hosts the occasional live band.
The Local Scoop: San Diego Alchemy Restaurant is the joint to dine for meat-free options from the vegetarian tasting menu offered every Wednesday evening to the meatless section of the daily dinner and weekend brunch menu. Try the tempura squash blossoms for brunch or the watermelon salad and tomato bisque or branch out with the bi bim bamp, which is a traditional Korean rice bowl dish.
What We Recommend:
- The Burger: This mouthwatering Paso prime grass fed meat is served with homemade cured pickles, lettuce, tomatoes and onions and topped with mahon cheese. As an added bonus, this juicy burger comes with home cut frites.
- Fried Chicken and Waffles: This unique brunch combination comes with southern fried free range Huntsigner Farms chicken breast, waffles, and a sweet homemade vanilla maple syrup. Start your day off right with this hearty meal.
- Cuisine: Global
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservation Policy: Reservations accepted
- Price: $$