San Diego, CA 92101
Asti Ristorante Information+ -
Quick Facts About Asti Ristorante:
- Asti Ristorante is located in the Gaslamp District of downtown San Diego, which is known for its popular nightlife scene.
- San Diego Asti Ristorante serves Italian fare.
- San Diego's Asti Ristorante is open daily for lunch and dinner.
Ambiance: Asti is the name of the historic town in Italy famous for its medieval bareback horse race called "Palio," and the San Diego restaurant pays homage to its name with equestrian artwork decorating its dining room walls. Dine by romantic candle light in the San Diego Asti Ristorante indoor dining room, which is accented with burgundy chairs and rustic brick walls or choose to feast in the breezy outdoor patio. The street-side dining area gives way to views of the weird and wonderful San Diego nightlife on Fifth Avenue. Regardless of whether you dine inside or outside, you'll experience a warm and charming atmosphere at Asti Ristorante.
Why We Dine: Asti Ristorante in San Diego lures us in with its three-hour happy hour specials on appetizers and adult beverages. When 3 o'clock rolls around we're drawn to Asti's $5 appletinis and $4.50 bruschetta al pomodoro. Additionally appealing is the extensive chef's special menu, which features mouthwatering appetizers, pastas and entrees like chicken fiorentino and caprese di bufala con prosciutto.
- Happy Hour: From 3pm to 6pm San Diego's Asti Ristorante spoils you with $5 cocktails, martinis, glasses of wine and imported beer during it's three-hour happy hour celebration. The Italian restaurant also serves specially priced hot and cold appetizers such as $6 stuffed portobello and $7 caprese. Whether you're unwinding from a day at the office or looking for a tasty treat to start off your night on the town, stop in Asti Ristorante for a decadent chocolate martini or tart limoncello martini to help do the trick.
- Preset Menus: San Diego Asti Ristorante offers six different prix fixe menus for large groups or special occasions ranging in price from $40 per person to $90 per person. Each menu allows you to select your choice of an appetizer, insalata, entree and dessert from the given selections. Option number one for example offers you the choice of speghetii classici, pennete vegetariane, petto di pollo piccata and lasagna alla bolognese, while the more expensive option number six features ossobuco alla milanese, swordfish sanremo, surf and turf, half Maine lobster fettuccine and petto di pollo rosmarino.
- Chef's Specials: San Diego's Asti Ristorante provides you with an entire menu dedicated to the chef's specials, which include appetizers, pastas and entrees. Dine with class when you choose the halibut champagne entree, which features fresh grilled halibut finished in champagne and leeks or play favorites as you order the pachheri nettuno, which is a pasta dish packed with Alaskan king crab legs, diver scallops and shrimp.
The Local Scoop: San Diego Asti Ristorante is located in the heart of the Gaslamp District, which means it's conveniently within walking distance of various San Diego hot spots like Petco Park, Horton Plaza Mall, Civic Center and numerous San Diego hotels. Stop in for lunch between meetings at the Convention Center or dine in for supper before catching a Padres game!
What We Recommend:
- Linguine alle Vongole: This scrumptious and authentic linguine dish is served with crushed chili, manila clams and garlic olive oil topped with jumbo shrimp and drizzled your choice of white wine or red sauce. It also comes with rosemary roasted potatoes and sauteed veggies as well.
- Penne Vegetariane: This meatless option is certain to satisfy as it features penne pasta mixed with seasonal diced vegetables, green onions, garlic and olive oil tossed in a light marina sauce. Pair with a glass of wine and "buon appetito!"
- Cuisine: Italian
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservation Policy: Reservations accepted
- Price: $$$