San Diego, CA 92101
Bandar Restaurant Information+ -
Quick Facts About Bandar Restaurant:
- Bandar Restaurant is situated in the Gaslamp Quarter of downtown San Diego.
- San Diego Bandar Restaurant serves Persian cuisine.
- San Diego's Bandar Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner every day of the week.
Ambiance: Bandar Restaurant in San Diego is a Gaslamp District dining option featuring a modern and classy decor. San Diego Bandar Restaurant has a lounge-like feel with dramatic architecture as well as couches and cushioned seating, which create a comfortable and relaxed environment to sip on lentil soup or nibble on stuffed grape leaves. The swanky ceilings, intricate lighting and elegant curtains combine to make this the ideal date night spot and the perfect stop for drinks and appetizers before heading out into the San Diego nightlife.
Why We Dine: San Diego's Bandar Restaurant has a long list of awards from "Best Persian" and "Best International Restaurant" to "Best Middle Eastern" so it's no wonder why we like to dine at the Persian restaurant. In addition to all of its awards, San Diego Bandar Restaurant should be recognized for its healthy entrees. The restaurant features a healthy dining menu that allows you to identify nutritional entrees that fit your diet restrictions along with numerous vegetarian meals for meatless eaters.
- Award-Winning Dining: We're not the only ones who think San Diego's Bandar Restaurant is a class act, as it has numerous awards to show for its top-notch cuisine and service. Talk of the Town has named San Diego's Bandar Restaurant "Top Restaurant" for the past three years, while it has also been named "Best Persian Restaurant in San Diego" every year since 1996 by San Diego Magazine, San Diego Reader and the Union Tribune.
- Healthy Dining Menus: San Diego Bandar Restaurant provides a dining menu offering healthy suggestions that meet nutrition guidelines based on calories, sodium, cholesterol and fat. The menu also features the grams of protein, carbohydrate and fiber. The shish kabab for example, is an "excellent choice" for fat, calories and sodium and a "good choice" for cholesterol. Other healthy entree options include the basmati rish, fish kabab, adas polo and the gheimeh bademjan.
- Vegetarian Options: In addition to the health-conscious menu, the San Diego restaurant serves up a variety of meat-free options as well. All of the starters are vegetarian such as the hummus dip, cucumber dip, stuffed grape leaves and eggplant plate. As for meatless entrees, try the lentil soup, vegetarian eggplant stew or shirazi salad.
The Local Scoop: Entrees at San Diego Bandar Restaurant are considered family-sized, so you may want to share plates or ask your server about recommendations based on portion sizes. Worst case scenario? You'll end up with leftovers to enjoy tomorrow!
What We Recommend:
- Pomegranate Stew: Expand your horizons when you order this sweet pomegranate flavored sauce sprinkled with crusted walnuts. The traditional Persian dish, also called fesenjan, is served with basmati and saffron rice with charbroiled tomatoes and your choice of chicken or baby spring lamb shank.
- Zereshk Polo: In order to get a true taste of Persia, try this marinated charbroiled chicken tenderloin dinner entree. It's served with barberry rice, which is a authentic rice dish with sweet and tart flavored red raisin-like berries. Indulge in this dish knowing it was prepared with fresh ingredients and no added artificial ingredients or additives.
- Cuisine: Persian
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservation Policy: Accepts reservations
- Price: $$