Bombay Exotic Cuisine of India
Bombay Exotic Cuisine of India
San Diego, CA 92103
Bombay Exotic Cuisine of India Information+ -
Quick Facts About Bombay Exotic Cuisine of India
- Bombay Exotic Cuisine of India is located in Hillcrest on 5th Avenue.
- San Diego Magazine voted Bombay Exotic Cuisine of India "Best Indian Restaurant in San Diego."
- San Diego Bombay Exotic Cuisine of India was voted "Best Vegetarian Restaurant in San Diego" by AOL City Guide.
Ambiance: San Diego's Bombay puts an equal amount of effort in serving up decadent dishes as it does creating an elegant upscale environment for dining. Besides the delicious cuisine, the Indian restaurant's waterfall curtain is one of the most talked about aspects of Bombay Exotic Cuisine of India. The San Diego restaurant also features delicate chandelier and lamps hanging from the ceiling. To further add to the atmosphere, San Diego Bombay lines the walls with flat screen TVs showing Bollywood performances and films.
Why We Dine: The convenience of ordering online while still in your pajamas is a great aspect of Bombay Exotic Cuisine of India. Whether you're planning on a cozy night in and want to pick up curry and pakoras for dinner or you're looking to order your meal ahead of time before dining in the restaurant, the online ordering option is there to make your life simpler. Another way in which Bombay in San Diego is helpful is that it offers a full buffet bar, which allows you to pile up your plate without making specific choices about what to order as it features a plethora of options.
- Order Online: San Diego Bombay offers convenient online ordering in which guests can place an order for either dining in or picking up. The dine-in online order feature allows guests to select their meal and have it waiting for them whether they decide to dine at a specific time or ASAP, while the other option lets guests choose their tandoori and curry online and then pick it up from the restaurant.
- Buffet: Bombay Exotic Cuisine of India spoils guests to a daily buffet, which is perfect for guests trying Indian food for the first time or those who are Indian food fanatics who can't decide on just one dish to order. The buffet serves up various dishes from mild to spicy and meat to meatless including eggplant lentil, spinach curry, chicken tikka masala and chicken tandoori. To top off the meals, the buffet also presents sweet treats like mango mousse, rice kheer and gulab jamun.
- Vegetarian Dishes: San Diego's Bombay serves a variety of meatless options from the chef's specialty malai kofta, which is a combination of vegetarian meatballs in a mild curry sauce to the sag paneer featuring spinach sauteed in a spicy cream sauce with paneer Indian cheese. Other meat-free options include mixed vegetable korma, vegetarian tikki masala and aloo gobi.
The Local Scoop: San Diego Bombay is extremely sensitive to your dietary needs and is dedicated to catering to your necessary substitutions. The Indian restaurant is more than happy to use coconut milk rather than dairy products in addition to changing aspects of its dishes to meet your vegan specifications.
What We Recommend:
- Tandoori Murgh: This world popular Indian dish is a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Cooked in a clay oven, the tandoori chicken is marinated in a combination of roasted garlic, yogurt, ginger and various spices.
- Jahl Frezi: If you're looking for a curry with a kick, this is the one for you. This curry dish serves up bell peppers, peas, carrots, cauliflower and potatoes swimming in a sweet and spicy sauce.
- Cuisine: Indian
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservation Policy: Accepts reservations
- Price: $$