Coronado, CA 92118
Brigantine Coronado Information+ -
Quick Facts About Brigantine Coronado:
- Brigantine Coronado was the second of the seven Brigantine restaurants to open up around San Diego.
- San Diego Brigantine Coronado is located adjacent to the popular Hotel Del Coronado.
- Coronado Brigantine features both indoor and outdoor dining.
Ambiance: Nothing says welcome more so than low lighting and a rich warm decor. The Brigantine Coronado features wooden and nautically themed-accents and an appealing horseshoe-shaped bar. For a dining atmosphere with a fresh sea breeze, dine outside on the restaurant's patio and take in the view of the massive Hotel Del Coronado.
Why We Dine: San Diego Brigantine Coronado serves up fresh fish fillet tacos, which have been recognized for their superiority in San Diego. The best part about the classic fish tacos at Coronado Brigantine is that they're offered for only $2 on Taco Tuesdays at the restaurant's oyster bar! Another reason why we dine at the San Diego restaurant is due to the Coronado specific menu items and the deliciously tempting small plates.
- Fish Tacos: Warm corn tortillas stuffed with crispy white fish fillets, cheddar and cabbage topped with salsa fresca and ranch dressing, need we say more? Apparently we're not the only ones addicted to the classic fish tacos at Coronado Brigantine as the 2012 San Diego Union Tribune Readers Poll for "The Best of San Diego" voted Brigantine the restaurant with the best fish tacos.
- Coronado Favorites: While there are numerous Brigantine restaurants located throughout San Diego, Coronado Brigantine sets itself apart from the others with its Coronado Favorites sections on the menu. This Coronado specific portion features unique options like the primavera penne pasta and the Santa Rosalia scallops that you won't find on other Brigantine menus.
- Small Plates: Brigantine Coronado offers small plates for those not wanting to loosen their belt buckles midway through dinner. These dishes make great appetizers and are the perfect-sized meals for those with small appetites. The golden fried clams, crispy coconut shrimp skewers and Napa Valley nachos are also the ideal portion size for ordering several and sharing with your dinner party.
The Local Scoop: After filling up your belly with fresh seafood, take a stroll over the well-known San Diego hotel, Hotel Del Coronado. Tour the historic seaside resort, which was once considered the "talk of the western world" when it was built in 1888, and witness where the popular Marilyn Monroe movie Some Like it Hot was filmed. The Hotel Del is a famous piece of San Diego history that you should take the opportunity to explore when you're conveniently in the area dining at San Diego's Brigantine Coronado.
What We Recommend:
- Shrimp and Crab Louie: Get your protein and veggie fix with this seafood medley salad. Poached eggs and fresh sweet red crab are tossed with tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, cucumber and avocado with traditional Louie dressing on top.
- Macadamia Crusted Fresh Mahi Mahi: Brigantine Coronado treats guests to freshly caught fish, and this mahi mahi dish is no exception. Sauteed in a lemon beurre blanc and coated with crushed Macadamia nuts, the fresh mahi mahi is served with your choice of two sides including house kettle chips, french fries, seasonal veggies, bacon blue cheese potato salad, coleslaw or rice pilaf.
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservation Policy: Accepts reservations
- Price: $$