Cafe Bleu Bistro & Wine Bar
Cafe Bleu Bistro & Wine Bar
San Diego, CA 92103
Cafe Bleu Bistro & Wine Bar Information+ -
Quick Facts About Cafe Bleu Bistro and Wine Bar:
- Cafe Bleu Bistro and Wine Bar is located in Mission Hills, San Diego.
- San Diego Cafe Bleu Bistro and Wine Bar serves French cuisine with a new American twist.
- Cafe Bleu San Diego is open daily for lunch and dinner as well as weekend brunch.
Ambiance: Cafe Bleu Bistro and Wine Bar boasts contemporary dining with the comfort and charm that makes for an inviting atmosphere. With couch-like cushions and pillows, the cafe seating is both chic and cozy. The blue lit bar combined with the dark wood floors and table tops give this small dining area a causal yet sophisticated air. This San Diego restaurant offers an affordable fine dining experience.
Why We Dine: We always love a wine list with cheat sheets, and at San Diego Cafe Bleu the wine menu gives hints to what we can expect from the wines such as "clean, crisp and dry" and "intense and often spicy," which helps us make the best pairings. These keys let us make educated wine decisions when we take part in the various wine specials at Cafe Bleu San Diego such as half-off bottle Mondays and wine flight Wednesdays. We dine at Cafe Bleu Bistro and Wine Bar additionally because of the prix fixe and brunch menu. The prix fixe menu features a mouthwatering affordable three-course meal, while the brunch menu tempts with cheesy omelets and pastries.
- Dine on Wine: San Diego Cafe Bleu Bistro and Wine Bar features wine specials on Mondays and Wednesdays in addition to the $5 glasses of wine offered during happy hour. On Monday evenings all bottles of wine are half off from 4pm until close, while specially price wine flights are featured all night on Wednesdays at the bistro.
- Prix Fixe Menu: Cafe Bleu San Diego offers a Sunday night special three-course meal for $25 and a $17 wine pairing to go with it. For one set price, guests can choose one of four starter options including the soup of the day, chef's canapes, french onion soup au gratin or the watercress and watermelon salad. As for the second course choices, guests have the option of steak frites, bouillabaisse, duck or grilled asparagus and mushroom polenta. For dessert, guests are treated to the homemade blueberry and papaya crepes.
- Brunch Menu: Cafe Bleu Bistro and Wine Bar serves a delicious brunch menu to lure you out of bed on Saturday and Sunday mornings. From the spinach and goat cheese omelets to the chicken and mushroom vol au vent puff pastry dish, you'll be kicking off the sheets and rushing over to San Diego Cafe Bleu. All brunch menu items are served with fresh baguette slices and homemade jam, and for an additional $7.50 you can indulge in the bottomless mimosas to really start your day off with a bang!
The Local Scoop: It's worth following Cafe Bleu on Facebook as it offers weekly deals. The cafe's fun promotions include "buzz" words, in which a guest mentions the daily "buzz" word to his or her server to receive a special. During the Strides against Breast Cancer Walk in Balboa Park for example, if guests used the word "pink" in conversation with their server they would receive their first glass of wine for $5, while on a game day Sunday, if guests spoke of the "bolts" they'd be rewarded with a half-priced entree. Log onto Facebook to find out Cafe Bleu Bistro's next "buzz" word!
What We Recommend:
- Croque Monsieur: This meal may have you brushing up on your French language pronunciation, but you'll be happy you went for it as it offers a delectable grilled sandwich filled with French ham and Gruyere cheese topped with béchamel and melted cheese.
- Coq Au Vin: While this dish is traditionally served with stewed vegetables, Cafe Bleu Bistro San Diego updates the classic wine-braised chicken and chef’s house-smoked pork belly meal and serves it with roasted root vegetables and the interesting choice of Yukon mashed potatoes.
- Cuisine: French
- Alcohol: Beer and wine only
- Reservation Policy: Accepts reservations
- Price: $$