San Diego, CA 92101
Cafe Sevilla Information+ -
Quick Facts About Cafe Sevilla:
- San Diego Cafe Sevilla is located in the Gaslamp District.
- Cafe Sevilla in San Diego is open for nightly dinner and weekend brunch.
- San Diego's Cafe Sevilla serves authentic Spanish cuisine.
Ambiance: San Diego Cafe Sevilla serves up a three-tier atmosphere featuring a tapas bar, nightclub and dining room. The San Diego restaurant offers a hip and lively environment filled with music and dancers. The modern red decor presents cultural artwork, red lighting and hundreds of porrons used as decoration. Dine upstairs with the unique stone brick wall and a bird's eye view of the entertainment or grab a glass of wine at the tapas bar amidst the excitement on the ground level. And if you're really in the mood for some fun, throw on your dancing shoes and hit the dance floor at the nightclub downstairs.
Why We Dine: San Diego's Cafe Sevilla introduces the Gaslamp District to the authentic taste of tapas. The restaurant's tapas bar provides the perfect platters for sharing with your dinner party, as you can try a little bit of everything from the fried calamari to the potato tarts. The tapas are also a great option for an appetizer before your main course of paella and empanadas or as a compliment to your sangria. We also dine at Cafe Sevilla because of the nightly live entertainment from Flamenco dancers to Spanish guitar players. One more reason to love San Diego Cafe Sevilla? The San Diego restaurant engages in green initiatives serving up local veggies and converting kitchen oil into BioDiesel!
- Tapas Bar: San Diego's Cafe Sevilla offers a vast assortment of tapas from the various tapas categories including gran tapas, signature tapas, fresh tapas, bocadilla tapas platter and the tapas platters. Encourage your dinner party to order several different tapas so you can share, or go for the tapas platters to get a variety of tastes. The signature tapas present options like the salmon mojo, which is served with grilled tomatoes and green mojo sauce while the bleu cheese dates are bacon wrapped with a cider glaze. As for the tapas platters, they feature hearty variations like the meat lovers platter, which serves up grilled sausages, lamb chops madrileñas, sauteed meatballs al jeréz and braised short ribs.
- Live Entertainment: San Diego Cafe Sevilla presents live music and dancing in both the tapas bar and the nightclub. The weekly Flamenco Dinner Show is one of the most popular events at the cafe, as traditional Flamenco and gypsy musicians and dancers take the stage. For those guests looking to do their own dancing and entertaining after dining on tapas and sangria, they can head over the nightclub and dance the salsa, cha cha and mambo to the venue's live bands.
- Environmentally Friendly: San Diego Cafe Sevilla adheres to eco-friendly practices as it purchases fresh local produce, all-natural meats and seafood from fisheries that adhere to sustainable techniques. The cafe also converts its kitchen oil into BioDiesel, while all of its glass is recycled as well. Dine at Cafe Sevilla in comfort knowing it's doing its part in contributing to a healthier environment.
The Local Scoop: If you're feeling like hitting the dance floor after dining on tapas and brochetas, but don't exactly know how to dance the bochata, salsa or merenegue, don't stress! On Kaliente Tuesdays, Dancers Nite Out Wednesday and Sabor! Thursdays, guests can receive dance lessons at the Cafe Sevilla nightclub at 8:30pm. Challenge yourself to these authentic dance lessons and you'll be cha-chaing the night away in no time.
What We Recommend:
- Mushrooms al Ajillo: This signature tapa featuring roasted mushrooms in garlic is perfect for pairing with other tapa delicacies. The mushrooms al ajillo get bonus points for being both vegetarian and gluten free!
- Traditional Paella Valenciana: If you're looking for a heavier meal than an assortment of tapas, try this delectable protein rich dish filled with mussels, clams, calamari, shrimp, scallops, chicken and grilled sausages, which is sure to satisfy your belly. All the paella offered at Cafe Sevilla is served with authentic bomba rice as well.
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservation Policy: Reservations accepted
- Price: $$