Charisma Cucina Italiana
Charisma Cucina Italiana
San Diego, CA 92103
Charisma Cucina Italiana Information+ -
Quick Facts About Charisma Cucina Italiana:
- San Diego Charisma Cucina Italiana is a family run and owned business.
- Charisma Cucina Italiana in San Diego is located in Hillcrest.
- San Diego's Charisma Cucina Italiana serves up lunch and dinner.
Ambiance: San Diego Charisma Cucina Italiana is tucked between bustling bars in Hillcrest, San Diego. Although it may be difficult to spot, its small trattoria style dining room is quaint and cozy with a dedication to the color red, with rosso walls, napkins, chairs and umbrellas, making it a place worth searching for. The red-themed Italian restaurant features an inviting indoor dining space and an outdoor patio where you can dine in the fresh air with a street-side view. While there isn't a ton of space or elbow room, this is the perfect little spot to have an intimate dinner or catch up with old friends over a glass of vino.
Why We Dine: Charisma Cucina Italiana is owned and run by the Miranda family, which gives the restaurant a comforting and inviting feel. Guests are guaranteed that the meals are traditional and made with care as the family goes to great lengths to provide unrivaled quality service. Additionally, the extensive wine list provides guests with the choice of various wines to pair with the variety of flavors in their meals, on top of its daily seven-hour happy hour. We dine at Charisma Cucina Italiana because it lives up to its name as the atmosphere and food ooze charisma!
- Family Run: The owners of San Diego Charisma Cucina Italiana are cousins and Napoli, Italy natives. They run the restaurant and serve original family recipes emitting Italian authenticity and charm in every dish. They offer warm and attentive service, and make guests feel like part of the family when they dine at the San Diego restaurant.
- Wine List: Dining on a bowl of authentic carbonara or bolognese just wouldn't feel complete without a glass of wine. Fortunately, San Diego Charisma Cucina Italiana presents an assortment of wines that pair perfectly with Italian cuisine. The wine menu is additionally appealing because there is a portion that describes the "key Italian wine varietals," with facts about wine, such as Sangiovese is the pride of Tuscany featuring cherry and cedar flavors.
- Happy Hour: Happy hour at San Diego's Charisma Cucina Italiana isn't just one measly one, but rather a whole seven hours! Starting at 11am and ending at 6pm, happy hour is celebrated every day of the week. Happy hour specials include glasses of wine for only three to four dollars.
The Local Scoop: Save room for dessert when you dine at San Diego Charisma Cucina as it boasts light and airy homemade tiramisu, while also offering peach sorbet stuffed inside a frozen peach. The restaurant's vanilla bean panna cotta topped with nutella and the cannoli are other tempting dessert choices you'll want to make sure to squeeze in!
What We Recommend:
- Whole Wheat Penne Crudaioloa: Sometimes it's the simplest recipes that pack the most bang, and this dish is no exception. The fresh raw tomatoes and aged ricotta cheese mixed with garlic and extra virgin olive oil create mouthwatering flavors that will leave your taste buds begging for more.
- Pollo Parmigiana: This traditional Italian dish is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser as it features baked and breaded chicken breast prepared with fresh tomato sauce, mozzarella and parmigiana cheese.
- Cuisine: Italian
- Alcohol: Beer and wine only
- Reservation Policy: Reservations accepted
- Price: $$