Chedi Thai Bistro
Chedi Thai Bistro
La Jolla, CA 92037
Chedi Thai Bistro Information+ -
Quick Facts About Chedi Thai Bistro:
- San Diego's Chedi Thai Bistro is owned and operated by husband-and-wife power couple Sutharin Pia Kampuntip and Tom Techathamnukool.
- Chedi Thai Bistro is located in the coastal town of La Jolla in San Diego.
- San Diego's Chedi Thai Bistro serves lunch and dinner Thai meals with various vegetarian options.
Ambiance: Chedi Thai Bistro in San Diego is located in the trendy Downtown La Jolla area. The Asian-themed decor matches the Thai cuisine with a calming zen approach, as the spacious dining room features a chic, slick and contemporary style with floor to ceiling windows. This restaurant offers the perfect spot to grab some pad Thai for lunch, but also provides an intimate dinner location for date night.
Why We Dine: San Diego Chedi Thai Bistro is all about the convenience factor. Not only are the menu items deliciously tempting, but so are the discounted drink and appetizer prices and the online ordering option. The prix fixe lunch special is also another luring aspect of this restaurant, as guests can get a taste for the zesty and spicy traditional Asian cuisine with two appetizers and a main course without breaking the bank. Chedi Thai Bistro makes it easy for guests to get hooked on the bistro's special deals and enticing dishes.
- Happy Hour: San Diego Chedi Thai Bistro treats its guests to a daily happy hour from 5pm to 7pm. Guests can celebrate the end of the work day with $5 house wines, $3 beers and incredibly cheap $4 appetizers! Order a variation of appetizers such as the crispy root vegetable spring rolls, steamed shrimp and larb chicken without the worry of overspending.
- Order Online: San Diego Chedi Thai Bistro gets it, sometimes we just don't want to get up, dressed and out of bed to eat dinner. That's why the Thai restaurant allows guests to order online, from the comfort of their couch, with pick-up and delivery options. There is no extra charge for ordering online, however there is a $3 additional rate for delivery services.
- Prix Fixe Lunch: Put the calculator away and stop stressing about prices when you dine at San Diego Chedi Thai Bistro because the restaurant presents an affordable and agreeable prix fixe lunch. Monday through Friday from 11am until 3pm guests can order two appetizers and one entree for the ridiculously low price of only $9! Mix and match the shrimp lemongrass soup and spicy Thai salad appetizers with the young ginger with chicken or the panang curry with beef.
The Local Scoop: Chedi Thai Bistro participates in Restaurant Week, so put this eatery on your list during the next upcoming week-long event. During Restaurant Week, guests at the bistro are spoiled to a $20 prix fixe three-course dinner menu featuring appetizers, entrees and desserts. During Restaurant Week 2012, the San Diego restaurant offered tasty treats like the green curry with tofu and ginger creme brulee.
What We Recommend:
- Tilapi Pad Ped: Turn up the heat and order this spicy dish that is sure to raise your temperature. The fiery stir-fried Tilapia is served with Thai eggplant and bamboo shoot in a green peppercorn curry sauce.
- Sweet and Sour with Tofu: If you're not in the mood for feeling like your taste buds are on fire, then try this much milder vegetarian dish served with cucumber, tomato, onion and pineapple topped with a tangy traditional sweet and sour sauce.
- Cuisine: Thai
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservation Policy: Accepts reservations
- Price: $$