San Diego, CA 92101
Chianti Restaurant Information+ -
Quick Facts About Chianti:
- San Diego Chianti serves Italian cuisine with Mediterranean and Tuscan influences.
- The Italian restaurant's namesake comes from a region in Tuscany, Italy, which is Italy's largest wine-producing area.
- San Diego's Chianti is open daily from 11am until 11:30pm serving lunch and dinner.
Ambiance: Located in the Gaslamp District, Chianti in San Diego welcomes guests to dine in its warm and inviting dining area, which features wooden rustic decor accented with paintings of Italian scenery. Tables are set with white tableclothes, fresh cut flowers and candles that provide a charming atmosphere to sip on Italian red wine. San Diego Chianti offers indoor dining, but also street-side patio where you can watch the world go by. The patio area is also equipped with heat lamps to keep you warm on the chilly San Diego evenings.
Why We Dine: San Diego Chianti presents a variety of special offers to keep guests coming back for more. Between the daily double happy hour deals and the wine specials on Wednesdays, the Italian restaurant takes special care of its guests with undeniably good prices. As the restaurant was named after Italy's largest wine-producing region, it's no wonder that Chianti encourages guests to indulge in their vast wine selection, including a portion completely devoted to red wines from Italy. Additionally we dine at Chianti in San Diego because of its "dining at dusk" special, in which we can choose an appetizer, entree and dessert for only $30!
- Wine Lovers Wednesdays: If you can't get enough of Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio, then San Diego Chianti will easily become your new favorite Wednesday night spot. Every Wednesday, San Diego's Chianti hosts Wine Lovers Wednesdays, which serves guests half-off bottles of featured wine and combinations of an appetizer and a glass of featured wine for only $10. Treat your palette to an appetizer of calamari al pesto and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc on a Wednesday evening at Chianti.
- Double the Happy Hours: Guests are spoiled at Chianti when it comes to happy hour specials, as the San Diego restaurant celebrates happy hour from 4pm to 7pm and again from 9pm until 11pm! House wines and martinis are only $5 while appetizers such as the crocchette di pollo or the tortino di melanzane are offered at reduced prices as well.
- Dining at Dusk: San Diego's Chianti offers a special fixed price menu every afternoon from 3:30 until 6pm. Guests can choose between several appetizers, entrees and desserts for a set price of $30 per person. Bruschetta, minestrone and insalata ceasar are the starter options, while dishes like linguine alle vongole veraci, pollo piccata and filetto di salmone con asparagi grace the main course selections. As for the grand finale, guests can decide between the tempting tiramisu or gelato.
The Local Scoop: Guests receive a complimentary traditional bruschetta appetizer when they visit Chianti's website. Simply print out the voucher, bring it into the restaurant, and receive a tasty Italian antipesto, compliments of the chef!
What We Recommend:
- Linguine al Nero di Seppia con Salmone e Caviale e Crema: This divine seafood pasta dish is all about the intricate details as it's prepared with squid ink linguini, smoked salmon and caviar drizzled with a cream sauce.
- Abbacchio Scotta-dito: This mouthwatering oven-baked lamb chop is served with a madera wine demi glaze. Pair this entree with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon, and you'll feel as though you're dining in Tuscany.
- Cuisine: Italian
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservation Policy: Accepts reservations
- Price: $$$