San Diego , CA 92128
El Bizcocho Information+ -
Quick Facts About El Bizcocho:
- El Bizcocho is located on site at Rancho Bernardo Inn.
- San Diego El Bizcocho is closed on Mondays.
- El Bizcocho in San Diego serves dinner and Sunday brunch.
Ambiance: San Diego El Bizcocho features fine dining at its finest. You'll feel as though you walked into the charm of a French chateau, as the dining room is both intimate and elegant. The romantic atmosphere is accented with sparkling chandeliers and bay views looking over the golf course.
Why We Dine: El Bizcocho is causing quite a buzz as its racks up its awards of excellence for both its cuisine and wine list. While El Bizcocho is known for its decadent four and six-course dinners, the Sunday brunch offers a welcoming change of pace. The brunch menu features a variety of scrumptious dishes like the shrimp cocktail and jonah crab claws and the roasted chicken breast with mushroom cream. We also like to dine at San Diego El Bizcocho because it serves a pastry menu with tasty treats to answer your sweets cravings with desserts like the creme brulee.
- Awards: San Diego El Bizcocho has a long list of awards to its name to prove it's excellent. The San Diego restaurant was honored with Zagat Survey’s Highest Rating in San Diego, Golden Sceptre Award by the Southern California Restaurant Writers, as well as the Wine Spectators award.
- Sunday Brunch: San Diego's El Bizcocho is open extra early on Sundays, so you can start your day off with the scrambled eggs and scallions or the grilled halibut with fennel citrus salad. Also be sure to check out the omelet station and the gourmet chocolate foundation too.
- Pastry Menu: Bizcocho is after all a Latin American term for buttery flaky pastries, so it's no wonder that San Diego's El Bizcocho features an entire menu dedicated to pastries. Treat yourself to the Rancho Bernado Souffle or the goat cheese trifle, which is filled with artisan goat cheese, balsamic glazed strawberries and marcona almonds.
The Local Scoop: San Diego El Bizcocho is tucked away in Rancho Bernardo Inn, which is a romantic getaway spot. You don't have to stay at the inn to take advantage of the resort's 18-Hole California Championship Golf Course or the spa's facial, massage and body treatments. The wife can spoil herself at the spa while the husband putts on the green, and then you can both reunite for a elegant dinner at El Bizcocho in the evening.
What We Recommend:
- Grilled Filet Mignon: Cooked to perfection, this melt-in-your-mouth meat is served with a variation of sides including wild mushroom, escargot, charred broccoli and potato puree.
- Wild Alaskan Salmon: Once you taste this entree, you'll understand why the restaurant has been so highly rewarded and recognized. The fresh fish dish comes with herb potage, mushrooms, and baby artichoke.
- Cuisine: American
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservation Policy: Accepts reservations
- Price: $$$$