San Diego, CA 92109
The Fishery Information+ -
Quick Facts About The Fishery:
- San Diego The Fishery offers fresh seafood entrees.
- The Fishery in San Diego prepares fish that was ethically caught.
- This seafood restaurant serves produce and fruit that was locally and organically grown.
Ambiance: San Diego's The Fishery features a rustic wooden decor with giant displays of fish models like Alaskan halibut and white sea bass covering the walls. The seafood restaurant also has black-and-white photos of fishing boats, fishermen hard at work and fish markets that are representative of The Fishery's vibe. San Diego The Fishery offers inviting indoor and outdoor seating with the fish market in the middle and the open kitchen off to one side where you can see the chefs creating seafood masterpieces.
Why We Dine: San Diego's The Fishery is unique in that it includes a fish market in the middle of the restaurant, but that it still maintains a classy dining experience. Guests are encouraged to taste the chef's choice on Tuesdays and then try to replicate it at home after purchasing fresh seafood at the interior fish market. The Fishery also serves a brunch menu that mixes traditional breakfast and lunch meals with seafood additives.
- Fish Market: San Diego The Fishery sells wild-caught fish and seafood that were ethically caught based on fishing guidelines and laws. You can purchase fresh mussels, shrimp, salmon and albacore to experiment with and create your own masterful dishes in your home kitchen. The market also provides mango salsa, tarter sauce, seaweed salad, ceviche and more to pair with your homemade meals.
- Tuesday Tastings: Chef Paul hosts Tuesday Tastings each week in which he serves up a special four-course menu. Guests get first-class treatment as they're served the chef's favorite creations with fresh fish and locally and organically grown fruits and vegetables.
- Brunch: San Diego's The Fishery creates breakfast blends with subtle seafood additions. The omelet for example, combines the house smoked salmon with mascarpone cheese, while the swordfish sausage Benedict offers a unique twist on the traditional eggs Benedict dish.
The Local Scoop: San Diego The Fishery is located in Pacific Beach, which is a trendy young beach town. Situated only three blocks from the Pacific Ocean, this seafood restaurant is a prime spot to stop in after a day spent on the beach or a great place to fill up your belly before hitting the bars and nightclubs on popular Garnet Avenue.
What We Recommend:
- Pacific Swordfish: Served with apple, arugula, roasted potatoes, parsley and mustard sauce, this dinner entree is sure to inspire you to pick up some fish from the market and take a stab at your own swordfish recipe.
- Guiltless Albacore: The name of this salad tells it all as its a healthy option served with oven roasted albacore, romaine and tomato drizzled with a red wine vinaigrette.
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Alcohol: Beer and wine
- Reservations: Accepts reservations
- Prices: $$