Greystone The Steakhouse
Greystone The Steakhouse
San Diego, CA 92101
Greystone The Steakhouse Information+ -
Quick Facts About Greystone The Steakhouse:
- Greystone the Steakhouse serves seafood, steak and pasta dishes.
- San Diego Greystone the Steakhouse is located in the heart of the Gaslamp District.
- Greystone the Steakhouse in San Diego was presented the Wine Spectacular Award of Excellence in 2012.
Ambiance: San Diego's Greystone the Steakhouse creates a cosmopolitan atmosphere with modern and contemporary decor. The steakhouse features colorful paintings and an elaborate staircase that leads up to the upper level dining area with an inviting fireplace. An outdoor heated patio on Fifth Avenue is an additional seating area at the steakhouse where guests can people watch and dine in the fresh San Diego air.
Why We Dine: San Diego's Greystone the Steakhouse is uniquely different from other steakhouses in the area because it offers elk chop on its menu. No other Downtown restaurant features this speciality dish. Greystone's steaks also brings the steakhouse to whole other level, as various sauces and sides are presented giving each piece of meat its own exclusive flavor. In addition to the meat lover's heavenly menu, San Diego Greystone the Steakhouse hosts a daily happy hour in which guests can start their weekend off with an inexpensive cocktail or catch up with friends over a specially priced glass of wine.
- Roasted Elk Chop: San Diego Greystone the Steakhouse is the only Downtown steakhouse that serves elk chop on the menu setting it apart from the others. The elk is one of Greystone's signature and most popular dishes as it is prepared in a porcini rub, coriander and black berry reduction and served with Swiss chard and herb mashed potatoes.
- Steak: All steaks served at the Greystone are grilled and finished under a 1,200 degree broiler, and you're given the option of dressing it in Bearnaise, bordelaise, truffle zabayon, Armagnac and green peppercorn, or whole grain mustard chardonnay sauce. To further enhance your steak, you can add additional sides such as a fried organic egg, caramelized onions or Maytag bleu cheese.
- Daily Happy Hour: Every evening between 5pm and 7pm San Diego Greystone the Steakhouse presents drinks and eats specials. Guests can indulge in $7 speciality martinis while nibbling on $6 truffle Parmesan fries and $8 oysters in the half shell.
The Local Scoop: San Diego Greystone the Steakhouse is located in the Gaslamp District, which is the go-to place for a night on the town. The Gaslamp District is filled with after-dinner activities with local bars and venues hosting live music, comedians and DJs all within walking distance of the steakhouse.
What We Recommend:
- Grilled Flat Iron Kobe Steak: This juicy chunk of steak is served with caramelized onions, Maytag bleu cheese and mushroom Cabernet sauce.
- Greystone Salad: Whether you're counting calories or just looking for a lighter vegetarian option, this salad will do the trick as its butter lettuce, pecan, pear and Stilton bleu cheese drizzled with a lemon mustard vinaigrette.
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservation Policy: Reservations suggested
- Price: $$$