Harney Sushi Oceanside
Harney Sushi Oceanside
Oceanside, CA 92054
Harney Sushi Oceanside Information+ -
Quick Facts About Harney Sushi Oceanside:
- The San Diego Union Tribune awarded Harney Sushi Oceanside "Best Sushi" in 2011 and CityBeat Magazine named it "Best Japanese" in 2011 as well.
- San Diego Harney Sushi Oceanside serves Japanese cuisine.
- On Tuesdays through Saturdays, San Diego Harney Sushi Oceanside hosts a live DJ.
Ambiance: San Diego Harney Sushi Oceanside features a hip and trendy Japanese restaurant. The modern and eclectic decor is complemented by hardwood floors, fluorescent artwork and mirrors that line the walls. This club-like contemporary restaurant hosts a live DJ on Tuesday through Saturday nights who spins hip hop, jazz, reggae and even soul while you dine on sushi and sake. For a more quiet and intimate dining experience, you can also feast outside on the outdoor patio.
Why We Dine: San Diego's Harney Sushi Oceanside offers several happy hour specials, which makes your belly happy and your wallet even happier. During these deals, you can eat more for less with the added perk that the restaurant serves sustainable seafood, meat and produce. Another reason why dining at this sushi restaurant is so appealing is that it also presents a variety of unique sushi roll options, including the "whatcha really want" roll, in which the sushi chef promises to create any roll you can dream up.
- Happy Hour and Late Night Social Hour: Harney Sushi Oceanside in San Diego hosts happy hour all day every Monday and on the week nights from 5:30pm to 6:30pm as guests receive discounts on oyster shooters, sake, wine and large Sapporo beers. For additional fun, the sushi restaurant entertains a late night social hour every evening from 10pm until close offering specially priced small plates and shared plates.
- Sustainable Sources: San Diego Harney Sushi Oceanside abides by the Monterey Bay Seafood Watch Program guidelines. In following environmentally friendly practices, the Japanese restaurant serves Kona Blue Kampachi as a sustainable substitute for Yellowtail, hormone free and organic poultry from local Fulton Valley Farm and produce grown at local organic farms. Additionally, the beef is free of hormones and antibiotics, and the pork has no added extenders, water or sodium.
- On a Roll: San Diego Harney Sushi Oceanside serves unconventional sushi rolls with unexpected twists. The flaming lip roll is a fiery treat of fried California roll with cream cheese topped with sriracha sauce, jalapenos and spicy mayo, while the Danielle roll served with seared albacore, lemon and citrus masago ponzu presents a zesty combination.
The Local Scoop: San Diego's Harney Sushi Oceanside is within walking distance of the Oceanside Pier where you can get up close views of the surfers catching waves. Check out what the local fishermen have caught on the pier, and then head over to Harney Sushi Oceanside to indulge in your own helping of fresh fish.
What We Recommend:
- En Fuego: This culturally confusing sushi roll consists of tempura asparagus, snow crab, spicy lobster topped with kampachi and mango haberno salsa for an extra spicy zing.
- Money Brains: Dare yourself to try this freakish named dish of mushrooms, spicy tuna, spicy mayo and faux nagi sauce.
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservations: Accepts reservations
- Prices: $$