Il Fornaio Coronado
Il Fornaio Coronado
Coronado, CA 92118
Il Fornaio Coronado Information+ -
Quick Facts About Il Fornaio Coronado:
- Il Fornaio Coronado is an upscale Italian restaurant in San Diego.
- Il Fornaio San Diego offers great ocean views for above-and-beyond dining experiences.
- Coronado Il Fornaio is perfect for romantic dates.
Ambiance: Il Fornaio Coronado offers a contemporary and sophisticated ambiance. This upscale San Diego restaurant's ambiance makes it the perfect setting for get togethers with stylish friends and nights on the town with your sweetie. You'll know that you're eating at a great restaurant from the moment you walk through the entrance, and the ambiance is only the beginning of the wonderful dining experience you'll have at Il Fornaio Coronado.
Why We Dine: Il Fornaio Coronado is great for every meal of the day! Although you might think of Italian cuisine as ideal for dinner, it's just as satisfying for lunch. The brunch at Il Fornaio Coronado also hits the mark, so be sure to come earlier in the day to enjoy a great morning meal done right. In addition to the delicious food at brunch, an array of alcoholic beverages is available. Start your day with a mimosa or bloody Mary! The Leonardo is prosecco wine and strawberry juice, if you're interested in changing up your normal brunch drink routine.
- Brunch: You've got plenty of options from the brunch offerings at Il Fornaio Restaurant. Have a classic breakfast of Fritelle Allo Sciroppo D'Acero, which is pancakes with butter and pure New England maple syrup. Waking up in the morning just got easier, especially since you have a meal like this to look forward to at this San Diego Coronado restaurant. For a sweet breakfast, the Waffle Alla Frutta is a tasty pick. You'll enjoy a warm waffle topped with fresh strawberries and bananas, soft whipping cream, powdered sugar and pure New England maple syrup. You might just feel like you're at your favorite county fair, dining on an upscale version of something you might find there.
- Lunch: If you can't wait for dinner to feast on Italian food, this San Diego restaurant offers an extensive lunch menu. Begin with antipasti like Bruschetta Calda or Calamaretti Fritti. Light lunch eaters enjoy the salads and soups here, and they appreciate that the soups and dressings are made on-site. Other guests come here for the carbs and go for pizza or pasta. One of the house specialties is the Lasagna Ferrarese. Get ready to dig into a mountain of pasta, meat, mushrooms, and cheeses of the Parmigiano and bechamel variety. You can always share it with your dining companion or take any leftovers home with you. If you want pasta at lunch, try the Cannelloni al Forno. It's got large fresh pasta tubes and a good dose of protein thanks to the free-range rotisserie chicken. Mixed in with the pasta and chicken are sun dried tomatoes, ricotta, pecorino, smoked mozzarella, organic spinach, marinara and mushrooms.
- Dinner: The power hour at Il Fornaio San Diego is dinner time, when guests come here for dates or to celebrate special occasions. The dishes on the antipasti menu are great for sharing, so begin your meal on a caring note and split the Carpaccio or Rustichella with friends. The soups and salads hit the spot when you want something small to start your meal. Then, it's onto the main entrees! Non-meat eaters can opt for the Vegetariana pizza, bursting with flavor thanks to mozzarella, tomato sauce, sliced artichokes, zucchini, eggplant, sliced tomatoes, mushrooms and fresh basil. The Cristina pizza is another great pick and perfect for those who do include prosciutto in their diets. It's topped with fresh mozzarea, prosciutto, shaved Parmigiano, mushrooms, wild arugula, and white truffle oil drizzle.
The Local Scoop: If you want to have the best dining experience at Coronado Il Fornaio, make a reservation for either the outdoor seating area or seating alongside the window for amazing views! You'll already be impressed by the service and the food, and the views just top it all off. Coronado is beautiful during the day and evening, so you'll always enjoy wonderful sights from this restaurant.
What We Recommend:
- Linguine Mare Chiaro: The ultimate house specialty for seafood lovers, this entree comes with thin flat pasta, clams, mussels, prawns and scallops. The seafood is nicely complemented by tomatoes, crushed red pepper, garlic and trebbiano wine.
- Ravioli alla Lucana: Talk about gourmet comfort food. Stuffed inside the fresh spinach ravioli, you'll find Italian sausage, ricotta, Parmigiano and fennel. Fresh tomatoes and spicy tomato sauce add plenty of flavor to this dish, as do the imported peperoncino, pecorino pepato cheese and fresh basil.