Il Fornaio Del Mar
Il Fornaio Del Mar
Del Mar, CA 92014
Il Fornaio Del Mar Information+ -
Quick Facts About Il Fornaio Del Mar:
- Il Fornaio Del Mar in San Diego serves authentic Italian cuisine.
- San Diego Il Fornaio Del Mar is open daily for brunch, lunch and dinner.
- The Italian restaurant has numerous locations in California, but also in Virgina, Colorado, Nevada and Washington.
Ambiance: San Diego Il Fornaio Del Mar features an intimate and romantic atmosphere. The indoor dining room is dimly lit with candles set on each white tablecloth. The Italian restaurant also has an outdoor patio with large umbrellas providing shade from the San Diego sun and heat lamps to keep you comfortable in the evenings. The outside patio is the best spot in the house as it offers views of the ocean and spectacular sunsets.
Why We Dine: San Diego Il Fornaio Del Mar transports guests to the villas in Italy where gondolas glide down the Venetian lagoon, as the restaurant serves authentic Italian cuisine. The Italian restaurant cooks homemade meals using traditional methods. Il Fornaio follows tradition down to the fine details, as it features popular Italian sparkling wine and juice cocktails. To further enlighten your palette for Italian meals, San Diego's Il Fornaio Del Mar invites guests to the Festa Regionale where they get a taste of various regions of Italy each month.
- Traditional Cooking Methods: San Diego Il Fornaio Del Mar follows classic Italian ways of preparing authentic cuisine. The restaurant uses a wood-fired oven to cook its pizzas and makes homemade bread according to traditional methods. The fresh pasta is created daily while the dried pasta is imported from Italy.
- Speciality Drinks: San Diego's Il Fornaio Del Mar serves a variety of heavenly breakfast drink combinations of sparkling Italian white wine and refreshing juices. The Bellini for example is a blend of prosecco wine and peach juice while the Leonardo combines prosecco wine and strawberry juice creating the perfect way to jump start your morning.
- Festa Regionale: Each month Il Fornaio celebrates a different region of Italy, in which the restaurant features a special menu displaying traditional cuisine from that area. Guests can also sign up for a Il Fornaio Passaporto, which presents them with complimentary gifts every time they visit a Festa Regionale. These passports are stamped upon each visit, and after six stamps guests will receive a $20 gift card to treat themselves at the restaurant.
The Local Scoop: If you're a fan of Il Fornaio's home-style Italian cuisine, you can purchase both the Il Fornaio Pasta Book and the Il Fornaio Baking Book so you can treat yourself to the tasty traditional meals inside your own home.
What We Recommend:
- Pizza Cristina: All pizzas at Il Fornaio are made with homemade dough and Italian imported mozzarella. This pizza creation is topped with prosciutto, Parmesan, mushrooms, arugula and white truffle oil.
- Gelati Misti: This Italian dessert offers the best of both worlds as it comes with a chocolate and vanilla gelato as well as a scoop of raspberry sorbet.
- Cuisine: Italian
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservation Policy: Reservations accepted
- Price: $$