Encinitas, CA 92024
Jamroc 101 Information+ -
Quick Facts About Jamroc 101:
- San Diego Jamroc 101 serves authentic Caribbean cuisine.
- San Diego's Jamroc 101 features a children's menu.
- This Caribbean restaurant is open daily for lunch and dinner.
Ambiance: Jamroc 101 in San Diego is a burst of color that gives you the feeling that you're dining on a Caribbean Island. The colorful exotic paintings of parrots and beach scenes along with the bright yellow and red painted walls create a fun and tropical atmosphere. On the weekends, San Diego's Jamroc 101 hosts live music, which is often island music with a Caribbean and reggae feel. Guests also have the opportunity to sit on the outside patio to further pretend they are eating jerk chicken and sipping cocktails on a secluded Jamaican beach.
Why We Dine: San Diego Jamroc 101 serves meals that are prepared with ingredients that are free of trans-fats and offer health advantages allowing you to dine in peace without worrying about your diet. The restaurant also features a children's menu so you can bring the entire family along knowing that there is something for everyone in your dinner party to enjoy. In keeping with the Caribbean theme, San Diego Jamroc 101 additionally serves traditional Jamaican alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to pair with your jerk chicken and friend plantains.
- Healthy Options: Caribbean cuisine is traditionally cooked with healthy ingredients like fish, beans and vegetables. San Diego Jamroc 101 abides by these guidelines, cooking with zero trans-fat and creating smaller portions with unprocessed foods. Additionally, the Caribbean cuisine is prepared with ginger, garlic and hot pepper, which are known to have health benefits.
- Kid's Menu: You don't have to leave the kids at home if you have some picky eaters on your hands because San Diego Jamroc offers a kid-friendly menu featuring crispy chicken fingers n' chips, junior corn doggie n' chips and the junior fish n' chips.
- Traditional Beverages: In addition to the scrumptious Caribbean inspired cuisine served at San Diego Jamroc 101, the restaurant also serves Jamaican beer, such as Red Stripe and Jamaican Stout, along with non-alcoholic beverages including Jamaican Kola and Ting, which is a grapefruit drink.
The Local Scoop: Guests should be warned that the dishes at San Diego Jamroc 101 tend to be on the larger side, so it's a good idea to consider sharing plates or saving the tasty leftovers for round two later!
What We Recommend:
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken: Treat your taste buds to this authentic dish of chicken served in Jamaican jerk sauce with fried plantains and your choice of two sides.
- Jamroc Seafood Jambalaya: This seafood delight is a combination of cod, mussels, clams, shrimp, bell peppers and onions sauteed in a tomato sauce with rice.
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservations: Reservations accepted
- Price: $$