Meritage at Callaway
Meritage at Callaway
Temecula , CA 92591
Meritage at Callaway Information+ -
Quick Facts About Meritage at Callaway
- Meritage at Callaway is tucked away in Temecula just north of San Diego.
- Temecula Meritage at Callaway was recently named one of the "Hot 100 Restaurants in the Inland Empire."
- Temecula's Meritage at Callaway is the vineyard and winery's on-site restaurant.
Ambiance: Meritage is the restaurant located at Callaway Vineyard and Winery, which is nestled away in the Temecula wine country. You're in for a real treat when you dine on the covered patio, which features fans and misters to help you cool down on those warm Southern California afternoons. The best part about the dining experience at Meritage is that the glass patio overlooks the vineyard. Sip on a glass of wine with a view of where it all began.
Why We Dine: There's something about dining with live music in the background that instantly creates a romantic setting, and the music performances at Temecula's Meritage at Callaway are no exception. The restaurant features Latin jazz guitars, gypsy music and guitar duos to serenade you while you dine with a view of the sun setting over the grape vines. Another reason to dine at Meritage at Callaway in Temecula is due to the executive chef's diverse and flavorful menus, which pair perfectly with the vast selection of wines. To top it all off, Callaway's Meritage also offers catering, so you and all your guests can indulge in the decadent dishes at your next special occasion.
- Live Music: Whether it's Irish folk fiddlers or rockabilly guitarists that strike your fancy, Temecula Meritage at Callaway features it all. On Fridays and Saturdays the restaurant hosts live music with a variety of styles such as singer songwriter acoustic performances and jazz guitarists as well. Dine on a fried calamari and seared ahi flatbread, roll with the soothing strums of guitars in the background and a view of the vineyards to complete the dining experience
- Executive Chef: Michael Henry, the executive chef at Meritage at Callaway in Temecula has a rich culinary background. Having worked several positions as restaurant chef, sous chef and chef de cuisine, Henry has gained a great deal of experience in the culinary world. After traveling to Europe, Central and South America, he learned the importance of "shopping for the day," which is the practice of finding the freshest local ingredients. As the executive chef at Temecula Meritage at Callaway, Henry creates small plates with big flavor to pair with the winery's diverse selection of wines.
- Catering: If you love the taste of Meritage's prime natural Angus hangar steak and crispy duck confit, then why not let Meritage cater your next gathering at your home? Temecula Meritage at Callaway offers both on-site and off-site catering, so you can treat your friends, families and coworkers to the vineyard's divine dishes. The restaurant staff is willing to customize a menu to best suit your celebration while also providing you with the top food and wine pairing suggestions.
The Local Scoop: Don't worry if you're not a wine connoisseur because the restaurant's menu offers helpful hints as to which wines pair best with the menu options. The grilled shrimp salad goes well the 2009 Winemaker’s Reserve Quartet, but just because a wine is suggested doesn't mean you have to order it. Use the tips as guidelines, but feel free to try something new!
What We Recommend:
- “Pescatore” Spaghettini: If you're a seafood lover, this pasta dish is ideal for you! The spaghetti dinner is a delicious combination of clams, shrimp, calamari and tuna sauteed with garlic, white wine, roasted tomato, olive oil and saffron. Pair this with 2009 Special Selection Zinfandel for a heavenly experience.
- Bistro Style Roasted Half Chicken: The simplicity of this dish allows the fresh and local flavors to shine. This chicken dish is served with lemon, parsley, potato and a side of root vegetables. The restaurant suggests pairing the roasted chicken with its 2008 Winemaker’s Reserve Merlot.
- Cuisine: American
- Alcohol: Beer and wine only
- Reservation Policy: Accepts reservations
- Price: $$