Mustangs & Burros
Mustangs & Burros
9700 N. Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla, CA 92037
Mustangs & Burros Information+ -
Quick Facts About Mustangs and Burros:
- San Diego Mustangs and Burros is located in the five-star resort Estancia La Jolla Hotel and Spa.
- Mustangs and Burros uses locally grown and sustainable ingredients.
- Exciting cocktails are served up at Mustangs and Burros such as the chipotle pineapple lemonade and pressed blossom martini.
Ambiance: Mustangs and Burros creates a cozy atmosphere, which represents and reflects the dishes served at the restaurant. The indoor Territorial Ranch inspired dining room is an ideal setting to feast on Southwestern cuisine, while the outdoor patio replicates a Spanish hacienda. The outside seating area provides comfortable couches and chairs with pillows, heat lamps and an inviting outdoor fireplace. On special nights, San Diego Mustangs and Burros even hosts a live guitarist to serenade guests while they dine.
Why We Dine: One of the best aspects of San Diego Mustangs and Burros is that the chef mixes up the menu based on the season and time of year. Chef Kramer prepares a variety of foods from the land and sea with a Mexican influence. From halibut and ahi burger sliders to cheese and spinach quesadillas, the menu presents a variety of choices for any kind of palette. The fact that San Diego's Mustangs and Burros serves food that is created with locally grown and sustainable ingredients is an added reason to visit this ranch inspired restaurant.
- Double Happy Hours: San Diego's Mustangs and Burros offers two happy hours, one for drink specials and the other for food. The drink happy hour begins nice and early at 2pm and last until 6pm and the food happy hour lasts between 4pm and 6pm. The specially priced food and drink selections change daily.
- Wine Pairings: Sometimes it's difficult to decide on what kind of wine to order with your meal, but Mustangs and Burros in San Diego makes pairing your wine simple. Wine recommendations are written alongside menu items, so you know for certain that the artichoke ravioli will complement the Chardonnay, Trinitas, Carneros, California and the pineapple glazed salmon will go well with the Pinot Noir, Harvest Girl, Santa Barbara, Ca.
- Garden Options: Whether you're watching your weight or just looking for a veggie-packed dish, San Diego Mustangs and Burros provides plenty of healthy options including the unique red white and blue salad, which is a colorful combination of arugula, goat cheese, strawberries, blueberries, walnuts and a champagne vinaigrette.
Local Scoop: Because Mustangs and Burros is tucked away in the Estancia hotel, it's sometimes easy to miss if you're unfamiliar with the area. A good landmark is the Eleanor Roosevelt College at the UCSD campus across the street, which also conveniently provides parking spaces.
- Estancia Nachos: This cheesy appetizer is a favorite at San Diego Mustangs and Burros as it's served with braised chicken, guacamole and sour cream. Perfect for pairing with a strong margarita or as a starter before your main ranch meal.
- Cumin Crusted Skirt Steak: Served with fingerling skins, cheese, jalapenos and guanciale, this ranch style meal gives you something to write home about.
- Cuisine: New American
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Price: $$$