West Steak & Seafood
West Steak & Seafood
Carlsbad, CA 92008
West Steak & Seafood Information+ -
Quick Facts About West Steak and Seafood
- A separate gluten-free menu is available at San Diego West Steak and Seafood.
- West Steak and Seafood is connected to the West Inn and Suites in Carlsbad.
- San Diego's West Steak and Seafood was awarded opentable.com Diner's Choice 2012 for #1 Steak.
Ambiance: San Diego West Steak and Seafood is the epitome of high class and fine dining. The sophisticated dining room with high ceilings, dramatic fiber optic lighting panels and white tablecloths match the equally upscale cuisine served at the steakhouse. The spacious bar area invites guests to sip on a Ruby Slipper Martini and order from the Dinner in the Bar menu.
Why We Dine: San Diego West Steak and Seafood is committed to providing local produce, family dinners and affordable dining options for its guests. The restaurant's personal garden ensures that fresh and organic vegetables are used in the preparation of the cuisine, while the Sunday Supper encourages families to take the time to get together and break bread. The Dinner in the Bar menu features some of the same delicious meal options that appear on the normal dinner menu, but they are simply a smaller serving available earlier in the evening at the bar for a lower price.
- Farm-to-Table: West Steak and Seafood in San Diego features its very own garden in which it grows fresh vegetables and herbs for the restaurant's dishes. West Garden harvests various produce such as baby corn, large zucchini, sugar snap peas and green cabbage and herbs including mint, lavender, lemon verbena, honey sage and cilantro.
- Sunday Supper: San Diego West Steak and Seafood reintroduces the tradition of Sunday family dinners, where family members gather together to eat a slow-cooked dinner. The steak and seafood house invites families to dine on Sundays the old fashion way, with a prime rib dinner and your choice of soups, salads and sides.
- Dinner in the Bar: Daily between 4:30pm and 6:30pm guests are welcome to order dinner at the bar and receive specially priced appetizers, entrees and desserts. At the bar, feast on fresh Atlantic salmon, roasted tomato ravioli and steakhouse sliders for cheaper than the normal dinner menu costs.
The Local Scoop: San Diego's West Steak and Seafood is around a ten-minute walk from the shoreline where you can dip your toes in the Pacific Ocean. Take a romantic stroll on the beach and catch the sunset before dining at the steak and seafood restaurant.
What We Recommend:
- Sauteed Alaskan Halibut and Braise Short Rib: Considered one of the chef's creations, this surf and turf meal is served with sweet potato puree, braised leeks and baby vegetables from the West garden topped with rice wine ginger butter.
- NY Steak: It would seem strange to dine at a steakhouse and not at least try the steak, so it's worth ordering the meat to simply taste what all the hype is about. Order the juicy 28-day aged, Midwest, corn finish certified beef Angus is served with your choice of two sides and you won't be disappointed.
- Cuisine: Steak and Seafood
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservation Policy: Reservations suggested
- Price: $$$$