San Diego Summer at Sheraton Mission Valley San Diego
Temperatures are on the rise, which means summer is almost here. Get ready for more gorgeous sunrises, the warm sea breeze, and of course beach time. This season is all about sun, waves and in true San Diego style, ice cold brews!
As the craft beer capital of America, San Diego prides itself as the number #1 producer of specialty craft beers in the U.S. Known for the creation of the hops laden, high gravity, double Indian Pale Ale (double IPA), be sure to taste some of the famous brews during your next vacation.
If you want to keep it simple and feel the sand beneath your toes, head to one of the many beautiful beaches in San Diego. Plan a bonfire with your family, create romantic memories with a picnic or jump in to the great Pacific Ocean and get a taste of San Diego beaches. California or Arizona resident? You’re in luck! Treat yourself to the ultimate staycation and enjoy special discounted rates for your upcoming stay at Sheraton Mission Valley. Click here to book now.
Craft Beer? Yes, Please
Gather some of your best friends and set the tone for the night with a tour of some of the best breweries in San Diego area. Plan an awesome event with this list of top breweries in the area provided by Yelp. TRAVEL TIP! Book the craft beer package at Sheraton Mission Valley and receive two cold mugs of beer from a local San Diego brewery at Cru Bistro. There is no better way to start a trip than a refreshing cold brew.
- Ballast Point - Known for its award-winning flagship brew, Sculpin IPA, this well-known brewery had humble beginnings in the backroom of the original Home Brew Mart opened by co-founder, Jack White. Today, the brewery continues to sell brewing supplies for aspiring craft beer makers and teaches courses on how to create the perfect homemade batch. Try: Sculpin IPA Grapefruit
- Pariah Brewing Company – Founded by expert brewer, Brian Mitchell, the “outcast” brewery touts its beers for being ahead of the trends and always thinking outside the box when it comes to their brewing concepts. Try: Drupe Fruit IPA
- Societe Brewing Company – Wanting to create high-quality beer that was authentic to its Old World beginnings, founders Travis Smith and Douglas Constrainer used their skills to create refined yet delicious beer via Societe Brewing Company. Known for focusing on the intricate details of their batches, guests will be in for a treat when they sample their brews in the tasting room. Try: The Publican
- Modern Times Beer – With it’s simple yet eye catching beer can/bottle designs, beer enthusiasts can enjoy a healthy mix of flavors while visiting the creative brewery. Locally known for their flagship saison, Lomaland, the brewery also experiments with hybrid flavor profiles as well producing a delicious double IPA. Try: Booming Rollers
- AleSmith Brewing Company – This brewery has been producing cold brews since 1995. The company touts its award-winning Horny Devil beer as the brew that began the coriander trend in craft beers. After 22 years of creating amazing brews, visitors can now visit their new state-of-the-art facility on Cabot Drive. Try: Double Red IPA
See you by the coast!