- Best of San Diego
- Things To Do
- Theme Parks
- Local Events
- Music & Nightlife
- Blog & Info
San Diego Sailing Tours is one of San Diego’s top-rated attractions. There's no better way to soak up the California sunshine than sailing aboard a classic sailing yacht.
Top 7 Things to Know About San Diego Sailing Tours:
1. Why It’s Awesome: Experience California’s coastal paradise sailing the beautiful San Diego Bay. Nothing can beat an afternoon aboard a classic sailing yacht, feeling the fresh ocean breeze on your face and the glistening sun on your back. Your knowledgeable Captain and Steward will answer your questions and make sure you are having a thoroughly enjoyable trip.
2. Take the Wheel: If you're an experienced sailor yourself, you will have an opportunity to participate in guiding the boat along the bay. Or, you can just sit back, relax, and leave the driving to the skilled Captain as you nibble on complimentary cheese, salami, and crackers. It's the perfect way to explore the maritime paradise of the San Diego Bay.
3. Classic Vessels: San Diego Sailing Tours maintains five classic sailing yachts modeled or made from 1960’s and 70’s. They were built in California, all them hand restored by our own crew. They resonate from an era of sailing, models no longer seen in today’s production.
4. Tour Packages - Cruise tickets can be purchased as individual tickets, or as private group excursions. We offer sails that depart during the day and at sunset. All packages include one complimentary chilled wine, champagne, or beer as well as unlimited snacks, waters, and sodas. The sailing yachts hold up to six guests and an experienced captain will cater to your every need.
5. Location– Boats sail in and out of the San Diego Bay. Located at 1450 Harbor Island Drive, in San Diego, San Diego Sailing Tours is less than one mile from San Diego International Airport and two miles from the San Diego Zoo.
6. Parking– There is ample paid parking in front of the marina.
7. Booking– Easy online booking on their website with numerous package options ranging from two hours to a full day. You can also call (619) 786-0173 to schedule your tour or for more information.
Our Sailing Packages
Signature Day Sailing: You can purchase individual tickets onto a group charter of no more than 6 passengers. Our tours are 2-hrs long, and include your first glass of white wine or beer, and unlimited snacks, waters, and sodas. Tours depart at 10 am and 1 pm
Sunset Sailing: You can purchase individual tickets onto a group charter of no more than 6 passengers. Our tours are 2-hrs long, and include your first glass of white wine, champagne, or beer, and unlimited snacks, waters, and sodas. Tours depart at 6 pm.
Private Booking for Couple: Experience an exclusive 2 hr. tour with you and your plus 1. Enjoy your first glass of white wine, champagne, or beer, and unlimited snacks, waters, and sodas while your Captain sails you around the Bay. Daytime departures at 10 am, 1 pm, and 3:30 pm. Sunset Departures at 6 pm.
Private Bookings for Group: Perfect for birthday parties, anniversaries, or bachelor/ bachelorette celebrations. Take your group of six on an intimate sailing charter for this exclusive 2-hr tour. Daytime departures at 10 am, 1 pm, and 3:30 pm. Sunset Departures at 6 pm.
Whale Watching: San Diego Sailing Tours offers relaxing 4-hour whale watching tours. The excursions depart at 7:00 am and 11:00 am daily. Spend a few hours sight-seeing as you sail the Pacific Ocean on your own Wildlife Seafari. Whale watching cruises which includes breakfast or lunch.Ask about our Private Group Sails that are 3 hrs, 4 hrs, and all day 8 hr cruises! Click the "make reservation" button to learn more!
The local scoop:
The San Diego Bay is in the heart of downtown San Diego. The harbor is easily accessible from Point Loma, Chula Vista, and Coronado. There are numerous hotels and resorts in the area where you can enjoy a luxurious stay and delightful waterfront dining options.
A natural harbor, the bay is teeming with aquatic activity and is a fisherman's paradise. The San Diego Bay is also home to four Naval facilities, including their dolphin training center. During your cruise, you might even see these beautiful mammals frolicking in the water.
Are you a maritime history buff? You're in luck if you are. After your sailboat cruise, you can head on over to the San Diego Maritime Museum and explore their ten museum ships. You can also take a relaxing stroll through the historic Spanish Landing Park nearby.
The nearby Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa can be a wonderful home away from home during your San Diego vacation. It is a beautiful resort and great place to socialize, meet new friends, or just people-watch.
Do's and Don'ts:
1. Do try whale watching. It's fun and exciting!
2. Do dress comfortably.
3. Don’t forget your cell phone. Your sailboat steward will be happy to take a photo of you and your guests on your personal cell phone.