- Best of San Diego
- Things To Do
- Theme Parks
- Music & Nightlife
- Beauty & Shopping
- Visitor Info
San Diego Sailing Tours is one of San Diego’s top-rated attractions. There's no better way to soak up the California sunshine than sailing aboard a classic sailing yacht.
Top 5 Things to Know About San Diego Sailing Tours:
1. Tour Packages - Cruise tickets can be purchased in individual or group packages. You can also reserve your own private yacht for the day and treat your whole family to an intimate cruise sailing on crystal blue water! All packages include complimentary chilled wine and San Diego craft beer. The sailing yachts hold up to ten guests and the stellar crew will cater to your every need.
2. Location – Boats sail in and out of the San Diego Bay. Located at 1450 Harbor Island Drive, in San Diego, San Diego Sailing Tours is less than one mile from San Diego International Airport and two miles from the San Diego Zoo.
3. Parking – There is ample parking in the area.
4. Booking – Easy online booking on their website with numerous package options ranging from two hours to a full day. You can also call (619) 786-0173 to schedule your tour or for more information.
5. Whale Watching – San Diego Sailing Tours offers relaxing, four-hour whale watching tours. The excursions depart at 7:00 am and 11:00 am daily. Spend a few hours sight-seeing as you sail the Pacific Ocean on your own Ocean Wildlife Safari. Whale watching cruises include breakfast or lunch.
Why It’s Awesome:
Experience California’s coastal paradise sailing the beautiful San Diego Bay. Nothing can beat an afternoon aboard a classic sailing yacht, feeling the fresh ocean breeze on your face and the glistening sun on your back. Your knowledgeable Captain and Steward will answer your questions and make sure you are having a thoroughly enjoyable trip.
Take the Wheel - If you're an experienced sailor yourself, you will have an opportunity to participate in guiding the boat along the bay. Or, you can just sit back, relax, and leave the driving to the skilled Captain as you nibble on complimentary cheese, salami, and crackers. It's the perfect way to explore the maritime paradise of the San Diego Bay.
Overnight Stays Available - To make your trip extra special, overnight stay on the boat can be added to any package for an additional fee.
Classic Vessels - San Diego Sailing Tours maintains two classic sailing yachts. The flagship vessel is the Lei Lani. Built in 1967 in Costa Mesa, California, it features an interior lined with rich mahogany and an exterior of gleaming teak wood. The newest member of the fleet, the Lora Lei, is a semi-modern cruising vessel built in 1991 in San Francisco, California. It underwent extensive restoration in early 2013 and features a rosewood and dark mahogany interior accented with classic lines and teak wood trim.
Sunset Cruise - Aboard the signature Sunset Cruise, you can watch the sun as it descends below Point Loma, creating a pulsing dance of light on the water as the city lights of downtown San Diego twinkle. It's truly an incomparable experience.
The local scoop:
The San Diego Bay is in the heart of downtown San Diego. The harbor is easily accessible from Point Loma, Chula Vista, and Coronado. There are numerous hotels and resorts in the area where you can enjoy a luxurious stay and delightful waterfront dining options.
A natural harbor, the bay is teeming with aquatic activity and is a fisherman's paradise. The San Diego Bay is also home to four Naval facilities, including their dolphin training center. During your cruise, you might even see these beautiful mammals frolicking in the water.
Are you a maritime history buff? You're in luck if you are. After your sailboat cruise, you can head on over to the San Diego Maritime Museum and explore their ten museum ships. You can also take a relaxing stroll through the historic Spanish Landing Park nearby.
The nearby Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa can be a wonderful home away from home during your San Diego vacation. It is a beautiful resort and great place to socialize, meet new friends, or just people-watch.
Do's and Don'ts:
1. Do try whale watching. It's fun and exciting!
2. Do dress comfortably.
3. Don’t forget your cell phone. Your sailboat steward will be happy to take a photo of you and your guests on your personal cell phone.