San Diego, CA 92101
Candelas Information+ -
Quick Facts About Candelas:
- Candelas is located near the Gaslamp District in downtown San Diego.
- San Diego Candelas is open for dinner every evening starting at 5pm.
- Candelas in San Diego offers vegetarian options.
Ambiance: San Diego Candelas features an old hacienda-style feel, with warm lighting and candles. The brick interior is classic and romantic with rich red and Latin accents. The restaurant also presents an inviting bar and lounge area where you can sip on 50% off drinks during happy hour. The French and Mexican infused restuarant offers attentitive service and mouthwatering meals to give you the best dining expeirence possible.
Why We Dine: Tuesdays may be the popular place around San Diego for tacos, but Mondays just got a whole lot better thanks to Candelas! Candelas gives Taco Tuesdays a run for its money with its Urban Taco Night specials. Spoil yourself to tacos earlier in the week with Candelas' al pastor and fresh fish tacos. We also like to dine at San Diego Candelas because of it daily happy hour specials, which offer an impressive 50% off of all drinks and appetizers. All of these great features about Candelas in combination with its warm and welcoming dining areas makes its an impecable place to plan your next celebration.
- Urban Taco Night: On Mondays, stop in San Diego's Candelas for $2 speciality tacos. Get a little bit of this, a little bit of that, and a whole lot of crunch! Try the fish, al pastor, tuna and carne asada tacos in addition to the carnitas.
- Happy Hour: Every day between 5 and 9pm at San Diego Candelas you can receive 50% off of any drink! You are also granted half off of all appetizers and the happy hour menu as well. It's the best way to start off your evening before hitting the San Diego nightlight scene in downtown.
- Private Events: San Diego Candelas features the whole package from a charming dining atmosphere to decadent catering. This San Diego restaurant is the ideal spot to celebrate your next special occasion, as it offers the lounge, mirror room or brick room to meet your celebration specifications. Each dining room has a warm and welcoming ambience perfect for gathering with loved ones while you dine on the special in-house catering masterpieces.
The Local Scoop: Candelas' Chef Martin San Roman is a famous celebrity chef who combines his Mexican hertiage with the French techniques he learned at Lenotre Ecole de Cuisine in Paris. Chef Roman has been honored with more than 250 awards from different countries for his culinary excellence, and he even starred in his own cooking show on Mexican television for eight years. Dine at San Diego's Candelas and experience the chef's talents for yourself.
What We Recommend:
- Camarones al Cappuccino Rostisado: This shrimp dish is sure to stir up your taste buds with its unique combination of flavors. The shrimp is served over a layer of chile ancho, coffee and molasses and served with an unconventional mango-ginger beurreblanc sauce.
- Palmitos Bosque Real: If you're looking for a vegetarian dish that will spice up your life, try this tempura fried hearts of palm dish. A red chile de arbol salsa and tomatillo salsa are served along with it and a side of green olives dressing too.
- Cuisine: French/Mexican cuisine
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Reservation Policy: Accepts reservations
- Price: $$